Thursday, August 11, 2005

ON THE ROAD AGAIN

We are heading out for our first camping trip of the year this weekend. It is long overdue. With kids' summer jobs, it is not easy to schedule these things. We will go to one of our favorite campgrounds, Gogebic State Park. The fishermen will pre-fish (whatever that means!) before the Gogebic Walleye Tournament; our next, and annual, camping trip in September.

This is also our maiden voyage with our new camper -- new to us, anyway. After selling our vintage 1971 Holiday Rambler we bought a 1996 Wilderness. She doesn't have quite the character of the old girl's 70's avocado green and harvest gold. More like 90's country blue and mauve. But, I'm sure with time, she'll grow on us; just like the Rambler did.

I am looking forward to a quiet, relaxing weekend with nothing to do. It has been a hectic summer and an even crazier week. I will have the luxury of sleeping in if I want to. I will not have to drive anyone anywhere. I will be able to read without feeling like I should be doing something else. I will not have to answer the phone. I will not have to efficiently plan my day.

It'll be good to be the Queen for a day or two. :)

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Have fun Queenie!