Tuesday, August 16, 2005

GAS PAINS

Ouch! $2.79 a gallon and rising. Pulling up to the pump these days is a painful experience. I am having to carefully consider the necessity of every trip to town or church. Then try to consolidate as much business into each trip as possible. I find it ironic that the Driver's Ed. class Taylie is taking, which will free me up from some of the running around next year, requires me to drive 300 miles getting her there and back during the three week duration of the class.

I am very thankful I do not drive a gas-guzzling, nine mpg, full-size van anymore. My old lady Buick LeSabre gets 28 mpg around town. It may be square, but it gets me there...with change to spare.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

....so there.

Clever title - you must have boys living in your house.