Thursday, November 25, 2004

WITH THANKSGIVING

I love pie. Not pi(r)squared so much, but definitely pie(r)round; as in pecan, apple, raspberry...not pumpkin so much. I enjoy making pies as well as eating them. This frosty Thanksgiving morning, I am snug in my warm kitchen with a golden pecan pie cooling on my counter and two cinnamony-sweet apple pies bubbling in the oven for this afternoon's feast. (Mmmm...mashed potatoes and gravy)

I've been making quite a few pies lately. Baked an apple pie to take to a friend, and co-worker of Mark's, who fell off his roof last month, shattering his hip. Made an apple pie for my 86 year old granny, who can't make her own pies anymore because her arthritic hands "don't work so good anymore". Made an apple pie for my family because they looked longingly at the previous two as they exited the house. Baked a pecan pie and an apple pie for our church's Thanksgiving Praise and Pie Social. Now the three pies for Thanksgiving dinner.

I see how God has blessed me to be able to bless others with my pies. Just one of so many blessings to be able to offer Him thanks for today. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

2 comments:

Cheri said...

Oh where, oh where has this little blog gone?
Oh where, oh where can it be?
We miss heartwarming descriptions
and stories and songs,
Oh where, oh where can it be?

Hey, get to work and write something! And while you are at it, check out my bil's blog for Dec.18 or thereabouts. You will know it when you see it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lora,

One of the categories in my article directory is Home and Family ... while searching for blogs on thanksgiving, I discovered WITH THANKSGIVING .

We all know that the best content on the internet is created by bloggers ... unbiased first hand knowledge, experiences and opinions.

As someone who may be interested in thanksgiving, I believe you will find our Home and Family section to be of interest. I am always looking for bloggers to contribute articles and help me to build the directory to everyone's benefit. As a contributor, you get the recognition of having your article published and seen by thousands of web users. The pride and satisfaction of seeing your article published in a prestige directory is hard to beat.

Not all of us are gifted with the ability to write to professional standards of grammatical correctness ... as a result, many bloggers don't bother to have their articles published.

I welcome an informal style of writing that matches your personality and fits in with your article content. I also appreciate articles that are uniquely based on your individual experiences, talents and ideas. All I request is that your content does not contain vulgar language, incite hatred or generally offensive.

Without any obligation ... please come over and have a look at my blog articles directory for yourself.

Best Regards
Emily