Friday, September 24, 2004

MEMORIALS

This morning I attended the funeral of a dear lady I know from church. Edith was very sweet, gracious and encouraging. She always had a twinkle in her beautiful eyes and a smile playing about her lips. She was an example of godliness and grace by the manner in which she lived her life and and by the manner in which she went home to be with her Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. As I sat at the back of our church listening to her grandchildren eulogize her and talk about her legacy, I looked over to see my friends, Pat and Cheri, who are in the midst of grieving the loss of Pat's mother three days ago. I thought about things Cheri had shared with me about her mother-in-law and the legacy she left for her family.

It all caused me to consider what kind of legacy I will leave someday...what kind of legacy do I hope to leave? I have come to accept that I am a "work in progress" and will not be completed until that day when Jesus presents me to the Father. But in the meantime, I much to do to "get my house in order". Thankfully, I have top-notch help for this task because it is impossible for me to do it on my own.


No comments: