Tuesday, September 06, 2005

LITTLE SCHOOLHOUSE IN THE BIG WOODS

Today is our first official day of school. We've been doing a little review over the past couple weeks to get back into the swing of things. We will have a three day school week and then leave Thursday evening to go camping and fish the Gogebic Walleye Tournament. Then, no more breaks until Christmas.

I am praying for a good school year; productive and organized. I am working on our school calendar and weighing activities versus current gas prices. We will continue the art class held at our church with a local artist two days a month. Our piano teacher's son will be participating in the art class this year and she has graciously agreed to give the girls their lessons those same days after a brief break for lunch. That means they will only receive piano lessons twice a month rather than weekly but it saves me driving them all the way to Eagle River with gas at $3.40 a gallon. The homeschool group that meets twice a month at the local library will be studying drama and putting on a play this semester. This is another opportunity worth the gas it takes to get them there. And there's youth group at church. If I had to cut everything but one, this would be the one. I trust God will provide the means for me to drive my kids to the activities He would have us participate in.

New textbooks, new notebooks, and renewed goals. This is the start of school. I am motivated and committed. My prayer is that I will be able to maintain a level of motivation and committment to sustain me through May of next year.

2 comments:

Cheri said...

Can't stand spam comments on blogs.

A new start is always fun. Let's keep each other motivated and on track!

Lora said...

Maybe we ought to start spamming the spammers with some Good News spam of our own!