Sunday, February 01, 2009

RED-EYE TO AFGHANISTAN

Yesterday Ramsey and the rest of the 951st Engineer Sapper Co. out of Rhinelander/Tomahawk, WI, boarded a plane at Camp Shelby, MS, for the first leg of their long journey to Afghanistan. Ramsey called us from somewhere in Maine after a 3 1/2 hour flight. Maine? I admit I know nothing about flight patterns, but doesn't flying from way down south 50 miles from the Gulf of Mexico all the way to the northernmost state of the Union seem a little out of the way? Is Afghanistan at the same latitude as Maine? Here's where my geography prowess fails me. Maybe it has to do with the fact that the next stop is Germany. Then Romania. (Romania? Do we have air bases in Romania?) And finally, Afghanistan.

All this to say, Ramsey is on his way to a dangerous part of the world to do a dangerous job. I don't know where he is right now, how long it takes to get there, or when he'll arrive at his final destination. All I do know is I have put him in God's hands and "I know whom I have believed and am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him for that day." 2 Timothy 1:12

2 comments:

Cheri said...

We are praying for Ramsey and all our troops. And you.

Candy said...

We also will be praying for Rams. And you! And Mark! And the rest of the clan.