Friday, January 13, 2006

DOG POOP AND COFFEE

Hah! Couldn't just walk away from a title like that, could ya?

Ever get the feeling early on in a day that this might be one of those days when you should just scrap it and go back to bed 'til tomorrow? I'm getting that vibe this morning.

I woke up before six to find dog poop tracked on every other stair going down to the basement. Lovely. The kids had been playing in the woods (which is where our dog does her business) last night after dark and someone must have stepped in a pile and unknowingly tracked it in. 'Course, beats me how they "unknowingly" walked past the stuff on the way back up the stairs.

Cleaning up dog poop before I've had my morning cup of joe is not my idea of a stellar start to the day, but nevertheless, I grabbed the spray bottle of Resolve, firmed up my inner resolve (and my innards), and sprayed and scrubbed my way from top to bottom. Done with that, coffee's ready.

Poured a cup of steaming coffee and headed back downstairs to the computer to check emails and blogs. Slipped on the second from the top step and me and joe were airborne! I have not fallen down the stairs in years...I've slipped, tripped, stumbled, and had some close calls. This was the real deal. Luckily, I kept my grip on the handrail but that was all. In a shower of coffee, I came down hard, smashing my right hip and a couple lower ribs. Ow.

If you ever want to really get your childrens' attention, this works like no other thing.

After applying a cold pack to the purpling grapefruit-sized bruise on my hip, cleaning the stairs (for the second time before 7AM) and walls, and taking a traditional shower, I am now considering renting a carpet cleaner...and watching where I step.

2 comments:

Cheri said...

Hey, I'm going on a trip today too!
(couldn't resist, sorry)
Sorry, Lora. I feel your pain.

I am sure this did not diminish your love for Caskey at all.

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

My Golden Retriever used to leve nice little presents for my on the floor on my side of the bed... Not the most pleasant thing to have squishing between one's toes first thing in the morning...

Hope today is better!