Thursday, October 20, 2005

ITCHY AND SCRATCHY GO TO CRYSTAL FALLS

Sunday I bought two bushels of baking apples (Cortlands and Wolf Rivers) from the guy with the apple truck in town. Yesterday my mom came over and we spent the day peeling, slicing, and freezing apples for pies and making applesauce. Kind of a tradition. The kitchen was a mess, but the house sure smelled good. I love tucking those packages of apple slices in my freezer; it's that "hunkering down" thing I've written of before. And there's nothing like fresh homemade apple pie, warm from the oven!

Ramsey is sitting in his tree stand in the woods behind our house this evening and Mark is guiding up on Lake Gogebic. Hopefully, they both will have good luck. I am glad Ramsey is deer hunting tonight because he's been obsessed with duck hunting lately and I'm wanting venison.

It's been a busy week with no end in sight. Tomorrow the kids have art class and piano lessons, Mark guides again tomorrow and Saturday, Taylie worked at the Tackle Box with Ramsey today and does again on Saturday. I am on worship team at church this Sunday and will have practice sometime Saturday. I'm still chipping away at fall cleaning, the leaves are almost all down and then the raking begins.

As for the goofy title -- I thought it might create some interest in this somewhat boring post.

6 comments:

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

To go hunting again... And come home to the aroma of fresh, homemade apple pie...

Added to the list of things I miss.

Cheri said...

I thought Itchy and Scratchy were hunting and fishing.

Anonymous said...

After reading ITCHY AND SCRATCHY GO TO CRYSTAL FALLS, Lora I believe I could use the content for my site, homeschool curriculum . If I could have your permission.

Lora said...

(Oh, brother!) Permission denied. :)

Cheri said...

Perhaps they would like to use the content of your blog regarding your grandmother turning 99.
:)

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

I'd roccomend word verification... I was getting tons of that stuff until I did that...

Spamming blogs! What's the world coming to?