Friday, February 18, 2005

COUNTRY MOUSE, CITY BOUND

On Monday, this backwoods girl is heading to the Windy City for five days. Going down with Cindy to stay with daughter, Mindy. She will take us on a tour of the neonatal intensive care unit at Rush where she works. I will see, firsthand, the precious babies we're knitting hats for. I know it will be an overwhelming experience. Also, I will be spending a day and night with my friend, Karen, who is taking me to Second City, the comedy club downtown Chicago, and on a tour of Frank Lloyd Wright's home and studio in Oak Park. We'll find time to go to the Art Institute, do some big city shopping, and eat at a couple authentic Italian restaurants, as well.

I have much to do in preparation to go. I have never left my family for more than a weekend. It should be interesting how things go around here that week! Along with my travel preparations I also have the usual, and unusual, demands on my time in the next few days: school, kids' art class, grocery shopping, pay bills, laundry, work at Klondike Days, work at a house I clean (besides mine). To quote Calvin & Hobbes, "The days are just packed!"

Blogging probably won't be on my to-do list until after I return from Chicago, and I'll have much to write about then. So, to quote another beloved character, "T.T.F.N.!"

2 comments:

Cheri said...

I'll miss you!
What does T.T.F.N. mean?
Time to fly now?

Lora said...

That works! Actually it's:
"Ta Ta For Now!" ~ Tigger