Saturday, April 08, 2006

AND THEY'RE OFF! ...AGAIN

Mark and Ramsey left this morning bound for Tennessee (seems to be the place to go these days). This time it's a spring turkey hunt with friends, Tom and Bill. They will have a great time whether they bag any birds or not. This is Bill's first time hunting turkeys and he has been pumped! He attended seminars, watched videos, and bought everything Cabela's had to offer remotely related to turkey hunting. He was all packed a week ago. (Mark and Ramsey packed last night and early this morning). His wife, Mary, was offering the guys $100 if they'd
get "Cabela Bill" and all his gear out of her house a week early and keep him in Tennessee a week longer.

So it's me and the Three Amigos holding down the fort for the next week. They're all sick, in various stages of some virus that just won't leave us alone. Taylie is pretty much over it, but still has a loose cough. Tess is running a low-grade fever this morning and Wylie is hacking, snorting, and spitting. Enough said.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lora,
Love the potato car photo.
As far as this turkey hunting, I
cant take it anymore. We left
Fleet Farm in Antigo and guess what Randy purchased. Yes, another one of those stupid turkey
calls. About an hour into it I finally said "please, I cant take it anymore, and we laughed. But really I was concerned about him taking a deep breath and it going down his throat and chocking. I begged him not to make me a widow that way.
Will be glad when fishing opens.
Love,
Ann

Cheri said...

Hey, Lora, I tagged you on my blog!